Please let us know if we can answer any questions or help you in any way with a Deal of the Day.
This item can be shipped to the following countries: USA
- Brand new 1/18 scale diecast car model of 1969 AMC AMX S/S "Drag-on-Lady" "Legends of the Quarter Mile" MCACN (Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals) die cast model car by Autoworld.
- Limited edition.
- Brand new box.
- Real rubber tires.
- Has steerable wheels.
- Officially licensed product.
- Opening hood, doors and trunk.
- Made of diecast with some plastic parts.
- Detailed interior, exterior, engine compartment.
- Dimensions approximately L-9.75, W-4, H-2.75 inches.
- Undoubtedly the most famous of all the SS/AMXs, #35 was campaigned by H.L. and Shirley Shahan through the Southern California Dealer’s Association. The team was hired away from Dodge for the 1969 season and was AMC’s first factory-backed drag race team.
- AMC announced the SS/AMX—and the addition of the Shahans as factory drivers—in February 1969, and H.L. Shahan prepped all the cars at Hurst. Shirley ran 10.67s at 125.69mph at Orange County International Raceway, competing heavily in NHRA Division 7 and setting many SS/D records along the way.
- This vehicle was both converted into a 1970 AMX and then quickly returned to 1969 trim to remain legal for Super Stock. Over the years, it wore several different paint schemes, currently retaining its last-raced livery. When the factory team moved to Pro Stock with the Hornet and Gremlin chassis in 1971, this SS/AMX was returned to AMC and stored at Ricker Motors until it was discovered in the 1980s. Dr. Gordon Gibson is the current owner of this historic racer.
Length: 8.0000 inch X Length: 4.0000 inch X Length: 7.0000 inch X
Thank you for your purchase. Please leave a product review.